What is Hemp Flower?First of all, hemp flower is the same thing as CBD flower or high-CBD hemp flower, so there’s no need to get confused there. These are simply terms that are interchangeable., The hemp flower itself is the dried flower buds of the cannabis sativa plant. It shouldn’t be confused with the marijuana plant, because there are notable differences there. While both look very similar and can interact with the body in the same way, there are exceedingly low amounts of THC - the molecule in marijuana responsible for intoxicating effects. The reduction of THC is accomplished through selective breeding that produces plants with high CBD content and low THC.
Smoking Hemp Flower: CBD vs. WeedMuch like cannabis, though, it can still be smoked. Some users like this method because it makes for an immediate effect. The reason it works so quickly is because the lungs absorb the CBD faster than almost any other part of the body, therefore you begin to feel the effects more quickly. Hemp flower shares more than a few qualities with marijuana, such as:
- Both come in dense, potent buds with a distinct smell.
- These buds (or flower) can be broken up and smoked in joints, bowls, water pipes/bongs, hookahs, etc.
- Smoking the bud produces a rich aroma and distinctive flavor that can change depending on the strain, or particular type of hemp plant that it came from.
What are the Benefits of Smoking Hemp Flower?There would be no use in smoking the hemp flower if it didn’t have a positive impact on the mind and body. Luckily, there are plenty - and that list includes (but is not limited to):
- Feelings of relaxation, allowing for better focus
- CBD is legal (though every state is different, refer to your state’s guidelines)
- Hemp flower is not intoxicating
- It promotes general wellness and eases feelings of comfort
- It encourages mental serenity