As an adult, you’ve come to appreciate the essence of a full night’s rest. Besides the refreshing effect you feel when you wake up after a good night’s slumber, sleep also plays an integral role in your health. During sleep, the body and mind recover, which is why you wake feeling ready to take on the day.
Unfortunately, good sleep is proving elusive for many people. In America alone, over 70 million people face sleep issues. Statistics show about 35.2% of American adults sleep less than seven hours a night.
The fast-paced nature, increased pressure, emotional stress, unhappiness, and stress experienced in our current society have only fueled the fire and made it harder for people to get good sleep.
Although there are other solutions, most people are looking for more natural means to help them calm down and sleep better, and CBD for sleep is one of the products they are turning to.
What is CBD?
The internet has been raving about CBD and its potential benefits over the past few years. If you pay any attention to natural health and wellness, it’s impossible not to have stumbled across a discussion on CBD.
CBD, or cannabidiol in full, is a phytochemical called a cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. It is one of the over 100 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. CBD has gained notoriety for its non-psychoactive properties and other associated health and wellness benefits.
CBD is closely related to THC. In fact, in familial terms, it would be a cousin. However, unlike THC, CBD doesn’t produce the uplifting effects that THC is known for. This is one of the reasons people have moved to CBD en-mass – they can get wellness benefits without the uplifting effects.
CBD is touted to have sleep-support properties, among other benefits. As a result, many CBD lovers have turned to CBD for assistance with sleep struggles, and if consumer reports are anything to go by, most people that have tried CBD products for sleep report positive results.
How Does CBD Work?
CBD works in the body through an intricate system called the Endocannabinoid System, or the ECS. This system is tasked with maintaining balance in various bodily functions and systems.
In order to understand how CBD works, you should understand the concept of the ECS. The ECS comprises receptors and enzymes that break down CBD. The primary function of CBD is to mimic and enhance the effects of endocannabinoids, which are cannabinoids naturally found inside the body.
Once CBD enters the body, it interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors found throughout the body. Depending on the receptors and hormones it affects, CBD also produces a variety of benefits in the body.
For sleep, CBD is thought to positively affect GABA and serotonin receptors to naturally promote balance and support the immune system, helping reduce stress, promote optimal nervous system function, and impact sleep patterns.
In the case of sleep, CBD is considered biphasic, meaning it can hinder or promote sleep, depending on the amount of CBD you take. For people considering CBD for sleep, research suggests that taking CBD in high servings can help promote sleep, while in low servings, CBD may produce alertness and focus.
CBD is not thought to influence sleep directly but creates conditions promoting rest and sleep. It potentially helps to calm down a racing mind, relieve stress, and may also help alleviate soreness, making falling asleep and staying asleep easier.
Some CBD products for sleep may also combine CBD with other well-known natural products known to enhance sleep, like melatonin, to compound the effects and make the product more efficient.
What are the Benefits of CBD?
Although CBD has been widely used to promote better and deeper sleep, it’s also thought to have other benefits. Most of the highlighted benefits are backed by anecdotal reports from consumers that have tried CBD for other products and some studies.
It's important to point out that CBD doesn't produce the same effects for everyone. Even when you take the same CBD product in the same concentration and serving, you might still get slightly different benefits from another person. However, some benefits are commonly reported like:
Stress is among the leading causes of sleep difficulty. A busy mind and high cortisol levels during the night contribute to trouble falling asleep and regularly waking up at night. Most individuals who have taken CBD to manage stress laud its calming properties and its ability to reduce the sensation of stress.
Studies have shown that CBD may help manage soreness and feelings of physical uncomfortableness, which might explain why some people use CBD for recovery after a long, physically strenuous day.
Some hemp fans have also turned to CBD to support healthier eating habits. The extent of the effects of CBD on appetite hasn’t been proven yet, but many individuals have reported enjoying the process of eating more after adding CBD to their regimen.
How to Use CBD for Sleep
When using CBD for sleep, there are various steps you can take to maximize the effects of CBD and ensure you get better sleep.
Get to the root of your sleep problem
The root of your sleep problem could be easier than you think; sometimes, it could be a complicated jigsaw puzzle. Although CBD might prove effective, it's important to find out what keeps you up at night. Finding out what it is can be the first step to enjoying a good night's rest. Usually, most people don't tackle sleep struggles with the weight they deserve, and seeing a professional is always a good first step.
Find the right CBD product for sleep
There’s always an urge among CBD fans to grab the first CBD product they see. Resist that temptation and instead focus on getting a high-quality CBD product from a reputable and trustworthy brand.
You should also focus on getting a CBD product you’re comfortable with. There are many methods of taking CBD, and choosing the right one will make it easier to use CBD. Some of the methods of taking CBD for sleep include:
- Orally - Taking CBD orally is the most common method, especially among new CBD consumers. It’s easy, and there are numerous products to choose from. The range of CBD products for sleep you can take orally range from CBD tinctures to CBD gummies. If it’s your first time, we recommend going for an oral CBD product.
- Sublingually – The sublingual method is similar to oral. But instead of placing the CBD product on the tongue, you place it under the tongue, in the buccal cavity, and hold it there for a few seconds for absorption. This method has a faster absorption rate, and you experience the effects much faster. CBD tinctures are the most common product for sublingual administration.
- Inhaling – Inhaling involves delivering CBD directly to your lungs. You can do this by using CBD vapes. Both methods are incredibly efficient and produce CBD effects almost immediately. We recommend this method to experience CBD connoisseurs who require a high CBD intake within a short period.
- Topically – Applying CBD topically for sleep is the least effective. However, there are topical CBD products available. These products are touted to deliver targeted effects directly to the affected areas by applying them on the skin. They are usually used for muscle tightness and soreness. Although topical products like CBD balms might not be effective as a sleep aid, they can alleviate other external causes like physical uncomfortableness and help you sleep better.
Beyond finding the right CBD products based on your preferred method of administration, you also need to consider the concentration of the CBD product to ensure you get the right results.
Make CBD a part of your bedtime routine
Once you find the right CBD product, you must take it at the right time for maximum benefits. This is usually around the time you sleep. For some products, like oral CBD products for sleep, you should take them at least an hour before your bedtime.
Get yourself in the right mood by switching off your screen, reading, taking a bath, meditating or praying, and taking your preferred CBD product. This will help you sleep faster.
Adjust your serving
CBD products don’t come with a prescribed serving. How much CBD to take can vary by person. It’s up to you to determine how much CBD yields the right results. That means adjusting your CBD intake several times until you hit the sweet spot. For new CBD consumers, start low, giving your body some time to adapt to CBD, and then adjust your intake accordingly.
Best CBD Products for Sleep
With those basics, you’re primed to start your CBD journey and see what it holds for you. But you should know that not all CBD products work the same. Every manufacturer tries to design each CBD product for a specific purpose. Therefore, you should take time to understand each CBD product and what it has to offer. When looking for CBD products for sleep, here are some of the best options available:
CBD Gummies for Sleep
Gummies are the most preferred type of CBD product for sleep. Why? Because they taste great and they come in many fancy colors. At Koi CBD, we offer an amazing selection of CBD gummies designed to help you sleep better.
The gummies feature broad-spectrum CBD to help you enjoy the entourage effect, and we also add in some melatonin to calm your mind and promote a more restful night.
These gummies are the best way to start if you're just getting around CBD. They come in various fruity flavors and are pre-measured, so you don’t have to worry about getting your servings right.
The gummies are certified vegan, they are 100% allergen-free, and they're kosher. So you can easily add them to your CBD routine without any concerns.
Why CBD Gummies for Sleep?
When looking into the different CBD products for gummies, here are a few reasons why CBD gummies should be at the top of your list:
- They are tasty – CBD gummies for sleep come in many delectable flavors. Most of our flavors are tropical and fruit-inspired. We know you will love them.
- Easy to take – The sleep gummies are easy to take. They don’t require any measurements or fancy devices. One gummy carries everything you need for a restful night.
- Beginner-friendly – Gummies are not just easy to use. Because they go through digestion, the CBD is released gradually into the bloodstream over a longer period. That allows you to experience the effects gradually. Our beginner’s guide to CBD gummies explains more.
CBD Tinctures for Sleep
CBD tinctures are often reserved for hemp fans that have regular sleep challenges. The tinctures come in an extensive range of CBD concentrations, making it easier to determine the best option for you based on your needs.
We also have tinctures available in various blends and flavors. If you find that our CBD gummies aren’t doing the trick for you, you can upgrade to CBD tinctures.
Koi CBD tinctures contain full-spectrum CBD and various flavors. They are not just effective but enjoyable to consume.
Why CBD Tinctures for sleep?
- They are diverse – Most people take CBD tinctures sublingually. But you can also take them orally by placing a few drops on your tongue or mixing the tinctures with your favorite food or drink. The multiple consumption methods make tinctures easier to customize to your preference at the time.
- High CBD concentration – CBD tinctures come in 1000mg, 3000mg, and 5,000mg concentrations. If the gummies don’t get the job done for you, tinctures definitely will.
- Portable – Tinctures come in small, lightweight, and portable bottles. They come with a convenient dropper that allows you to take the tincture and consume it anywhere you are. Did we mention the great flavors? You don't have to mix the tincture with any food. You can take it as it is, and it will still taste great.
CBD Vapes for Sleep
Vapes are one of the newer types of CBD products, but they’ve taken the market by storm. They address the shortcoming that comes with CBD gummies and tinctures, like the delayed onset of effects.
CBD vapes deliver the CBD directly into your lungs for absorption, and the effects are almost instant. Furthermore, some CBD vapers say vaping in itself is quite calming and relaxing. Like the other CBD products for sleep, our CBD vapes for sleep feature highly potent CBD blends in various concentrations.
For avid vapers, we have CBD vape juice for sleep, and for beginners, we have CBD disposable vapes for sleep. Each option comes in an extensive range of flavors to suit the broad palettes of vapers. The flavor profiles include tropical, candy, and dessert.
Why CBD vapes for sleep?
- Rapid effects – If you don't have too much time and want immediate effects, you can't go wrong with CBD sleep pens. The effects kick in a matter of minutes and a shorter time in some individuals.
- It’s relaxing – Some vapers say vaping in itself is very relaxing. Even when you’re not vaping CBD, you may feel more relaxed and laid back when vaping.
- Diversity – We have a vast range of CBD vape products for every type of vaper. With our unique selection of concentrations, types of devices, and flavors, you can customize your CBD vapes experience to your preference.
Why Koi CBD Has the Best CBD for Sleep Products
The CBD for sleep market is extremely versatile and vibrant. There are numerous brands you can consider, with new ones coming up every day, which might make finding a reliable supplier difficult. But it doesn’t have to be. With Koi CBD, you have everything you need in one place. Here’s why our CBD for sleep range will meet your expectations:
- We only use USA-grown hemp – We never hold back on quality, and it begins with the type of hemp plants we use. We work with experienced partners that deliver hemp extract from the best industrial hemp farms in the US. The hemp is rigorously tested to ensure it meets the highest agricultural standards and has the right cannabinoid profile.
- Our products are third-party tested – We want you to be confident in the CBD for sleep products you buy from Koi CBD. That’s why we have every batch of products tested by our partner ISO-certified labs. The products are tested for quality, purity, and potency to verify what we write on the label and guarantee safety.
- Batch-level transparency – Do you want to know where your CBD for sleep product came from? With our batch-level transparency, you can trace the origin of the CBD product in your hand right back to the certified hemp seeds used.
- Great taste – Every Koi CBD product is packed with flavor. Our in-house team crafts and tests our products to ensure they have the best taste. We only release products when we're happy with their taste.