Close followers of hemp have no doubt noticed an entirely new cannabinoid generating attention called Delta 8 THC. Like CBD, Delta 8 is now a regularly used hemp cannabinoid for feeling and living better, and it comes in a wide array of products.
At Koi CBD, we’ve developed several Delta 8 THC products to cater to your needs and preferences. Our collection includes Delta 8 THC vape pens and disposable vape pens that deliver a fast-acting, impactful, and delicious experience. If it’s your first time hearing about Delta 8 THC or Delta 8 THC vape pens and disposable vapes, or you’re simply looking for more information before getting started, here’s everything you need to know.
What is Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid, just like conventional THC and CBD. Cannabinoids are a type of compound that interacts with a major regulatory network in the body called the endocannabinoid system to elicit positive effects. Delta 8 occurs naturally in hemp plants, although in very small amounts. It can also be created by converting CBD.
Delta 8 THC is an isomer of well-known Delta 9 THC, which means the two share the same chemical formula but in a different arrangement.
Delta 8 has surged in popularity for a couple of reasons. One, its noticeably uplifting effects can be great for unwinding after a long day or for deeper weekend relaxation. Two, it’s more legally accessible because it’s derived from hemp. Delta 8 is also one of the cannabinoids beneficial for improving mood. You can find a more detailed answer to the question - What is delta-8? - on our blog.
What are the Differences Between Delta 8 and Delta 9?
Delta 8 and Delta 9 are alike in that they interact with the body’s systems similarly and deliver the same types of effects and benefits. But there is one small yet significant difference between the two: Delta 8 THC has a double chain located on its 8th carbon chain, whereas Delta 9 THC’s double chain is found on the 9th carbon chain.
This seemingly small difference between Delta 8 and Delta 9 influences the intensity of their effects: Delta 8 produces a more subtle uplifting effect and milder results than Delta 9. People who prefer Delta 8 appreciate that it’s more of a manageable THC that’s less likely to cause unwanted side effects.
What are the Differences Between Delta 8 and CBD?
Despite being naturally occurring cannabinoids, Delta 8 and CBD have big differences. CBD or cannabidiol is the most abundant cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. CBD is best known for its natural wellness benefits. Contrary to Delta 8 THC, CBD has no noticeable uplifting effects.
Legal access to the two cannabinoids can also vary. Both types of products are federally legal under the 2018 Farm Bill because they’re made with hemp derivatives and contain no more than 0.3% THC by dry weight. However, states can regulate hemp cannabinoids as they desire, and some have restricted the sale and use of Delta 8 THC products. Therefore, you need to determine if purchasing Delta 8 THC is legal where you live.
Where Does Delta 8 THC Come From?
Delta 8 THC is one of the more than 100 cannabinoids that occur naturally in the hemp plant. But it is only present in small amounts and can also be converted from CBD.
How Do You Extract Delta 8 THC from Hemp?
The methods used to extract Delta 8 THC from hemp vary. But the three most commonly used methods are:
- Solvent-based extraction – This method uses a solvent to break down and extract Delta 8 THC from hemp. Several steps follow to then remove the excess solvent from the extract.
- Solventless extraction – Solventless extractions like Supercritical CO2 are the most preferable for Delta 8 THC extraction. The process reduces the risk of contamination and preserves the purity of the extract. This is the most commonly used extraction method.
- Oil extractions – Oil extraction is the oldest extraction method. It involves using an oil base like olive oil and heating it gently to separate the cannabinoid from the rest of the material.
Manufacturers can also make Delta-8 THC by converting naturally occurring CBD into Delta 8 THC. The process has been around for decades and is known as isomerization. It involves dissolving CBD in a solvent to convert it into Delta 8-THC. The final product is carefully refined to remove unwanted materials like the excess solvents, leaving behind Delta 8 THC.
How to Consume Delta 8 THC
There are numerous ways you can enjoy Delta 8 THC. Knowing that our customers have different needs and preferences, we have developed several types of products. Some of the most common forms are:
- Edibles like gummies and pot rocks
- Infused hemp flower
- Vape pens and disposable vapes
What are Delta 8 THC Vapes?
Delta 8 THC vapes are a series of products designed to let you enjoy Delta 8 THC through inhalation. These electronic devices come in various sizes and have different features. However, the primary components are a battery that serves as the source of power, a tank that carries the Delta 8 THC, and the heating element or coil for heating the cannabinoid.
Vape devices have been popular for years. They are trendy and cool, deliver the fastest effects, and most people consider them a better alternative to smoking because they don't produce the same by-products. Koi CBD offers multiple Delta 8 THC vapes for all people, no matter your vaping experience.
Benefits of Vaping Delta 8 THC
One of the contributing factors to the growing popularity of vaping devices like vape pens and disposable vapes is the benefits that vaping Delta 8 THC offers over some other methods of consuming Delta 8 THC.
- Rapid effects – Vaping produces the fastest effects of Delta 8 THC. The cannabinoids are delivered directly into the bloodstream through the lungs, bypassing the digestive system and delivering almost immediate effects.
- High bioavailability – When vaping, the Delta 8 THC doesn’t have to undergo biological processes like digestion, which breaks down some percentage of the cannabinoids. A higher amount of Delta 8 THC makes it into the bloodstream, producing more intense effects. Because of the higher bioavailability, your Delta 8 THC lasts longer because you consume less for noticeable effects.
- It is a better option than smoking – Vaping doesn’t involve combustion, so it doesn’t produce by-products as smoking does. Vaping delivers a cleaner and purer Delta 8 THC experience.
- It is more discrete – The vapor produced by vaping Delta 8 THC dissipates quickly. Vaping doesn't produce much of a smell, so you can enjoy your Delta 8 THC more discretely and without bothering those around you.
How Do Delta 8 THC Vapes Work?
Although Delta 8 THC vape devices can have unique features, they all work using the same principle and components.
- Battery – The battery provides power to other components in the vape pen, including the heating source. The battery size can vary, but its function remains the same. Some types of vapes have a built-in battery, while others, in others, the battery is removable and replaceable.
- PCB chip – The chip is the brain of the vaporizer. The type of chip determines the features and functionalities the vaporizer has. It also processes actions like pressing the power button and activating the draw sensor for buttonless vaping devices.
- Vape coil, chamber, and cartridge – These terms tend to be used interchangeably to refer to the area of the vaporizer containing the coils and tank. The tank is what holds the Delta 8 THC vape juice, and the coil is the heating element where the vape juice is vaporized to produce vapor.
- Mouthpiece – This is the part where you place your lips to draw. The mouthpiece delivers vapor from the chamber into your mouth for inhalation. The vapor clouds are filled with Delta 8 THC, which is absorbed into the bloodstream through the capillary-rich air sacks in your lungs.
Types of Delta 8 THC Vapes
We have various Delta 8 THC vapes that cater to varying needs. Each vaping device is designed for smooth and flavorful draws, enhancing your vaping experience and Delta 8 THC delivery.
Disposable vape bars
Disposable vape pens or disposable vape bars are the easiest and most convenient method of vaping Delta 8 THC. The devices come ready to go out of the box: pre-charged and pre-filled with your preferred Delta 8 THC and terpene strain.
The devices don’t have replaceable parts or buttons and don’t require any setup before use. Their easy and worry-free approach makes them perfect for beginners and anyone constantly on the road.
Our Delta 8 THC disposable vape selection comes in various terpene strains, allowing you to find the type of experience you’re looking for.
Our Koi Delta 8 disposable vape bars are packed with hemp-derived Delta 8 in considerable servings, and in some cases, additional cannabinoids, to deliver uplifting effects that you can feel. The devices are fitted with a ceramic coil and a 280Mah rechargeable battery for an immersive vaping experience that you’ll love!
Benefits of disposable vape bars
Opting for Delta 8 THC vape bars presents one of the most straightforward yet immersive methods of consuming your favorite cannabinoid, and it comes with numerous benefits that include:
Compared to other types of Delta 8 THC products, Delta 8 THC disposable vapes and vape pens tend to be more affordable, especially when starting. Everything comes in one compact package that you can use immediately after delivery to your doorstep.
Disposable vapes are more affordably priced than other types of vape pens. They come with everything you need to start your vaping session immediately, including your preferred Delta 8 THC and terpene strain.
Disposable vapes and vape pens are compact devices that easily fit into your pocket, purse, or bag. You can even bring along multiple devices on a trip without creating extra space for them.
Because disposable vape bars come pre-filled, you don’t have to worry about carrying extra bottles of Delta 8 THC while packing. Just pack a couple of bars, and you’re set. The small and convenient design of Delta 8 THC vape pens and disposable vapes makes them perfect for travel.
Disposable vapes and vape pens are among the most convenient method of consuming Delta 8 THC. They don't require any setup or preparation, and you don’t have to worry about time-consuming tasks like cleaning or maintenance. Disposable vapes are stress-free and come ready to use out of the box.
Perfect for beginners
Vapes can be intimidating for beginners, especially those that are not tech-savvy. Although the devices look sophisticated, disposable vapes are easy to use. All you have to do is remove the device from the packaging and draw from the mouthpiece to activate the device and start vaping.
How to Use Delta 8 THC Disposable Vape Bars
Using a Delta 8 THC disposable vape bar is easy, even for a first-time vaper. In a few quick steps, you should be vaping your first disposable vape like a pro:
- After the disposable vape bar arrives at your doorstep, remove it from the packaging.
- The device doesn’t have to be turned on or off. Draw from the mouthpiece, and the device will activate automatically.
- For best performance, click the button at the bottom of the device three times rapidly to activate pre-heat mode for 10 seconds. This will activate the heating element and warm the oil in the cartridge, so you have smoother, more flavorful draws.
- Inhale the vapor, hold it for a second or two, then exhale. We recommend taking small draws for first-timers to test your desired Delta 8 THC intake.
Our disposable vapes have a built-in rechargeable battery, so you never have to worry about your battery going out before running out of Delta 8 THC.
Delta 8 THC Vape Pens
The terms vape pen and vaporizer pen are most often used to describe the combination of vape cartridges with a reusable vape battery. This detachable battery provides power to the heating element within the cartridge to produce vapor. When the cartridge and the battery come together, they resemble a pen or electronic cigarette. Vape pens are designed to vaporize liquids like CBD vape juices and Delta 8 THC extract.
Delta 8 THC vape pens are different from disposable vape bars because you’re able to easily switch out cartridges rather than being limited to one cannabinoid blend. For example, you could use a CBD cartridge during the day, and switch it out for a Delta 8 THC vape juice cartridge in the evening when you’re ready to relax.
Outside of the need to attach your cartridge of choice, vape pens function the same way as disposable vape pens. But depending on the type of battery you choose for your vape pen, it may or may not have buttons.
Benefits of a Delta 8 THC Vape Pen
Depending on your needs and preferences, Delta 8 THC vape pens can offer an amazing experience and multiple advantages over some other methods of using Delta 8 THC.
Discretion and portability
Vape pens produce very little if any odor and the vapor dissipates quickly, meaning you can vape without attracting attention or bothering those around you. Also, the pens are small enough to slip into your pocket or purse to take them with you on the go.
Fast acting benefits
You can easily control how much Delta 8 THC you take when using a vape pen because the effects are almost instant. Take short pauses after each draw to assess whether you should continue vaping based on how you feel.
Easy to use
Although vape pens can be more sophisticated than disposable vape pens depending on battery design, their operation is not. They are easy to use, even for first-time users.
Many people consider vaping a better alternative to smoking, mainly because vaping doesn’t involve combustion and therefore doesn’t produce the same harmful by-products that smoking does. Many smokers have also turned to vape as a way of trying to quit smoking.
How to use a Delta 8 THC vape pen
Koi Delta 8 Cartridges are straightforward to use. Where things can vary is with the vape battery. The first step of using any electronic device is reading the instructions manual. That’s the same place you want to start with a vape pen. Unlike disposable vape bars, Delta 8 THC pens with more complex batteries can have additional features, and the operation may vary slightly. Reading the instruction manual will shed more light on this and cut the learning curve on using the device.
- Charging – Once you have your vape battery and have read the manual, charge it. Unlike disposable vape pens, most vape pen batteries are not pre-charged. It can take a while to fully charge the battery device when it is new.
- Attach cartridge – Once your battery is fully charged, attach your preferred Delta 8 THC vape cartridge to the battery. Simply screw the cartridge into the battery clockwise and make it firmly finger tight (but avoid overtightening).
- Vape - You’re now ready to start vaping. Some vape batteries have auto-draw functionality and will turn on automatically when it detects you pulling from the mouthpiece. For button-operated vape pens, you generally turn on the device and activate the battery by pressing the button multiple times (typically 3-5). Some battery devices have a variable temperature feature so you can select your preferred vaping temperature. Start slow as you familiarize yourself with the device. Going slow also helps you determine whether you should continue vaping depending on the intensity of the previous draw.
How Much Delta 8 THC Should You Vape?
The ideal amount of Delta 8 THC to vape depends on various factors, including your desired effects, as well as your Delta 8 THC tolerance, BMI, and metabolic rate.
For beginners, 1-3 draws from a Delta 8 THC vape are good starting points. After that, you can slowly adjust your intake after you see how your body responds after each vaping session. Visit our blog to learn more about Delta 8 THC servings.
Is Delta 8 THC Intoxicating?
Vaping Delta 8 THC produces a mild uplifting effect. Most people also describe vaping Delta 8 THC as having calming effects, and with better sleep and appetite support.
What are the Side Effects of Vaping Delta 8 THC?
Most consumers find Delta 8 vapes well-tolerable and haven’t expressed any concerns when using the products. However, in rare cases, mild side effects have been reported, particularly among inexperienced consumers who inadvertently take more than their tolerance. These include:
- Dry mouth
- Slowed reaction time
You can curb most unwanted Delta 8 THC side effects by starting with shorter vaping sessions and smaller servings until you better understand your tolerance. Because of its noticeable uplifting effects, you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery after vaping Delta 8 THC.
Why Koi CBD Delta 8 THC Vapes are the Best
When buying Delta 8 THC vapes, identifying a reputable supplier is critical. Koi CBD has a long history of producing reliably high-quality and safe hemp products. Our line of Delta 8 THC vapes is not any different. We develop our Delta 8 THC vape products using the highest quality standards and include exciting terpene strains that enhance your experience as you add Delta 8 THC to your wellness routine.
Some of the measures we have taken to ensure we can deliver the best Delta 8 THC vapes include:
Our Delta 8 THC processing starts with selecting the best hemp extract made from USA-grown hemp. The hemp is grown in nutrient-rich soils using the best farming and agricultural practices. The extract is thoroughly tested to ensure it has no contaminants and meets the highest agricultural standards.
Third-party lab testing
If you’ve used cannabinoid products before, you understand that every reputable Delta 8 THC manufacturer has its products tested by an ISO-accredited third-party lab. All our Delta 8 THC vape products are third-party lab tested for effectiveness and purity.
Our Certificates of Analysis are easily accessible on our website, where you can view them before purchasing your preferred Delta 8 THC vape products. Our CoAs include detailed phytocannabinoid and terpenoid profiles to ensure our Delta 9 THC levels are below 0.3%. The products are also tested for contaminants, like pesticides, heavy metals, and solvents.
Batch level transparency
You deserve to know exactly what is in your Koi products. You can easily trace every product back to its batch with our batch-level transparency. This makes it easier for you to find the relevant lab results and Certificates of Analysis for your preferred products.
Production and packaging
Every aspect of our range of Delta 8 THC vapes is designed and packed to lock in as much freshness as possible. We use the best methods and equipment to reduce human error and contamination of the extract during production. Our labeling provides adequate information on making the most out of our products for the best experience.
This guide to shopping for Delta-8 online can help you know what to look for and the red flags to avoid.