How Much CBD Should I Take?When thinking about how to use CBD, it's important to note that the amount of CBD you should take can vary depending on several important factors, including your age, weight, lifestyle and whether you might already have a tolerance to cannabinoids. This means you should be patient when it comes to getting it right. A good rule of thumb is to start small and incrementally increase your CBD serving size until you experience the desired results.
General Serving Size GuideThe recommended serving size starts around 5 to 10 mg per day, and goes upwards from there depending on the individual user. If you're completely new to CBD, we recommend starting on the low end. Never go too high with the serving size without first speaking with a trusted medical professional. Here's a guide to help get you started.
- Beginners: The recommendation is to start with 10 or 20 mg of CBD, once per day. You can even go down lower towards 5 mg if you wish to be cautious or if you know that you're sensitive to supplements. In general, many people find 20 mg a good place to start, and then you can decide where to go from there. Try going up by 5 mg at a time until you have the effect you want.
- Talk to your Doctor: Consulting with a trusted medical professional could also give you an excellent idea of where to start if you're not sure.
- Increased Tolerance: People who use CBD regularly may find that the amount needed gradually increases as the body adjusts to having more of the cannabinoid in its system.
Ingestible CBD Types: Tinctures, Gummies, and SoftgelsEach type of CBD product has different advantages associated with them. Beyond finding the right serving amount for you, it's also a good idea to try different types to see which one you like the most based on their unique advantages. One of the advantages of tinctures is that they can be easier to get serving size right when you learn how to take CBD oil. Using the included dropper, you can put the product right under your tongue and hold for about 20 seconds. This is known as taking CBD sublingually. There are some general advantages to this method:
- Quicker Effect: If you want to improve your physical or mental wellness quickly, a tincture is a good option. Usually, it only takes 15 to 30 minutes to feel the effect. The only quicker method is inhaling (see below).
- Taste: The great thing about Koi CBD oil tinctures is that you can try a wide variety of different flavors. Examples include Strawberry, Lemon Lime, Peppermint, Spearmint, Orange, and Natural Hemp Flavor.
- Add to Anything: You can also simply add CBD tinctures to whatever food or drink that you want. This gives the oil a serious kind of flexibility since you can ingest it however you want. Just remember that digesting it will take longer to come into effect.
Types of Inhalable CBD ProductsThe fastest way to get increased physical or emotional wellness from CBD is by inhalation. This is even faster than taking a tincture. It is absorbed into your system right through the lungs. Inhaling CBD is the oldest and most traditional way of getting that wellness boost. People have been doing this for literally centuries. You can use the following methods for getting the effect this way:
- Smoking Hemp Flower: People have been smoking hemp flower to experience the effects of CBD for quite a long time. If this method happens to appeal to you, Koi has several options of smokable CBD flower. Smoking hemp flower is going to be similar to smoking other types of cannabis, but with less than 0.3% THC.
- Vaping: A newer invention is vaporizers, which turn CBD oil into mist using heat. You can then easily breathe in the vapor this way. Vaping lets you control the temperature, and you can also adjust for serving size and flavor. It's worth noting that vape pens are small and you can often use them without anyone nearby noticing, unlike those who smoke since vapor tends to dissipate into the air quicker. Make sure you don't vape in places where cigarettes are not allowed since some companies prohibit both vaping and smoking in these areas.
- Inhalers: CBD Inhalers are a more modern invention. You can breathe in fine aerosol with just one pump from your Koi CBD Inhaler, delivering 5 mg of CBD instantly. They are easy to use and don't require any smoke. If you are using an inhaler, people around you also won't know anything about what you're doing since they are a common way of delivering different kinds of supplements and medication.
CBD Products for the Skin & MusclesIn addition to being ingested or absorbed through the lungs, CBD can also be applied directly to the skin and rubbed in to soothe it or the muscles beneath. There are several different applications of this, including:
- Skincare: When combined with the latest anti-aging science, natural ingredients and essential oils, CBD can help to support healthy, youthful skin. Products such as Cleansers, Facial Serum, Toners, and Moisturizers help to nourish the skin with the nutrients it needs on a daily basis.
- Balms and Gels: CBD can be absorbed directly by rubbing it on sore muscles and other problem areas of the body. When combined with other natural ingredients such as menthol it can produce a soothing effect and even provide temporary pain relief to the skin, muscles and joints.
- Bath Bombs and Lotions: Sometimes the skin can benefit from a full-body soak in CBD along with other natural ingredients. Doing so can also soothe the mind with calming fragrances. Moisturizing body lotions that contain CBD are also a great way to keep the skin hydrated and feeling great.