Strawberry Tres Leches
Whether you are new to CBD or looking for fresh ways to implement it into your diet, cooking with CBD oil is a delicious and effective mode of delivery. When ingested, CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid receptors in your body to balance your health and relieve the physical discomfits of daily activity. Between oils, vapes, topicals and edibles, there are many ways to enjoy the benefits of CBD. However, cooking with CBD oil is becoming popular with hundreds of delicious and easy recipes that implement CBD into your diet.
Koi Naturals is the perfect cannabinoid rich hemp oil to get you cooking with CBD oil. Grab a bottle of our Strawberry flavor, like our friend Rosana did to make an incredible Strawberry Tres Leches cake. As a food photographer and recipe creator behind Yoga of Cooking, Rosana created this savory cake to introduce CBD to those who are new to cooking with it.
This Strawberry Tres Leches cake is light, spongy and absolutely delicious. Soaked in a sweet strawberry milk mixture, and infused with CBD oil, this easy Hispanic inspired recipe will become one of your favorites!
For the cake
- 2 white cake box mix
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 6 eggs
For the milk mixture
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 3 full droppers of KOI Naturals Strawberry Tincture, optional
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 9×13×2 inch sheet pan.
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooled, transfer to a cooling rack and using a cake leveler, remove the dome-like top of the cake to get a flat surface.
- Using a skewer, poke holes into the top of the cake. Set aside.
For the Milk mixture
- In a blender, combine the whole milk and strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the condensed milk and evaporated milk, and blend again.
- If using the CBD tincture, add 1 full dropper at a time. I used 3 full droppers!
- Pour the milk mixture over the cake, one cup at a time, until it begins to soak. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours (but preferably overnight) before serving to allow the mixture to absorb completely.
For the whipped cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream and confectioners sugar on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spread whipped cream on top, just before serving. Top with strawberries. Enjoy!
Cooking with CBD oil is a fun, easy and a delicious way to implement CBD into your daily routine. Whether you are creating beautiful desserts or adding a little to your morning cup of coffee, cooking with CBD oil provides endless possibilities to balance your daily health. Get creative and add a little CBD to your favorite recipes! When it comes to dessert, you can always rely on this delicious Strawberry Tres Leches cake!